Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix for you to listen, MY FIRST MIX EVER!
I have done it, my first mixing experience ever!

I struggled with the guitars, like most here after reading and listening to your versions!

I take all critics, good or bad, insults and nutts kicking ones! It just helps resilience you know.

.mp3    Mountainering Club - Cruising the ice (mixed1).mp3 --  (Download: 10.26 MB)

I noticed you left the weird tempo lead guitar out. This is the one guitar I struggled to fit in there somewhere.
I'm currently listening with crappy headphones as I'm away from home. It seems that first electric guitar is too up front for me.
Is almost like the rest of the mix is in the back. I would turn that guitar down a bit.

Overall it sounds good. I will give it another go later when I get home with better headphones.

Smile
I would loved to have made this mix now, let alone my first mix. Jesus. Beautiful, moving, clean, dynamic. The guitar one could be a little ahead of everything else, but I don't care. Call it a beauty mark or a character choice.

Kudos, and wonderfully done, I'm envious.

Smile

Draper
(25-01-2016, 01:24 AM)Shul Wrote: I noticed you left the weird tempo lead guitar out. This is the one guitar I struggled to fit in there somewhere.
I'm currently listening with crappy headphones as I'm away from home. It seems that first electric guitar is too up front for me.
Is almost like the rest of the mix is in the back. I would turn that guitar down a bit.

Overall it sounds good. I will give it another go later when I get home with better headphones.

Smile

You are totally right, the first time the lead guitar enters in it's out of tempo haha, as well as too separate from the mix unlike yours which is well embedded into the mix but still very clear. I tryed to make it less louder but it just didnt work, maybe some eq to work on.

You did remove the big grungy guitar in your mix right? It must have make a lot of space for the strings, maybe I should have done that too because that part have so much frequencies that competes
You mean the grungy guitars at 2:20? No it's in my mix too.. but that was too overpowering for me so what I did was lower some lows(rumbling lows) and left the bright distortion intact. I then lowered the volume to were you barely feel it in the mix, but it's there. You are right it did take too much space for me and from my perspective the strings were very important in this song so the less fight between frequencies for the strings the better. That's why I turned them down but they are still there.

Listening to your mix in my studio headphones now it sound a lot better!Smile It's a good mix the only thing that stands out to me is that first electric guitar in the beginning but what Mr. Drapper said is right. A character choice. If you felt that guitar had to be that loud to make a first impact then it's perfect Smile

Again, this is a good mix! keep it up Smile
(25-01-2016, 03:21 AM)Shul Wrote: You mean the grungy guitars at 2:20? No it's in my mix too.. but that was too overpowering for me so what I did was lower some lows(rumbling lows) and left the bright distortion intact. I then lowered the volume to were you barely feel it in the mix, but it's there. You are right it did take too much space for me and from my perspective the strings were very important in this song so the less fight between frequencies for the strings the better. That's why I turned them down but they are still there.

Listening to your mix in my studio headphones now it sound a lot better!Smile It's a good mix the only thing that stands out to me is that first electric guitar in the beginning but what Mr. Drapper said is right. A character choice. If you felt that guitar had to be that loud to make a first impact then it's perfect Smile

Again, this is a good mix! keep it up Smile

I didn't heard them first time but now I hear it, it's very subtle sitting in the back. Man mixing is quite something, I get it now why some mixers and bands dont get well together sometimes, there is so much choices to make. So much to learn!

thanks for your comments Shul

I'm heading to make Bravestar - Downtempo!
(25-01-2016, 01:56 AM)loweche6 Wrote: I would loved to have made this mix now, let alone my first mix. Jesus. Beautiful, moving, clean, dynamic. The guitar one could be a little ahead of everything else, but I don't care. Call it a beauty mark or a character choice.

Kudos, and wonderfully done, I'm envious.

Smile

Draper

Hey Draper! Thanks a lot!
Thats a great motivation for me here to go on mixing, we are never sure until we get feedbacks! Specially on a first mix haha

Cheers!
(25-01-2016, 04:20 AM)Mat397 Wrote: I didn't heard them first time but now I hear it, it's very subtle sitting in the back. Man mixing is quite something, I get it now why some mixers and bands dont get well together sometimes, there is so much choices to make. So much to learn!

thanks for your comments Shul

I'm heading to make Bravestar - Downtempo!

No problem man! pm me if you don't get people to give you feedback on your mixes. If I can i will gladly give you my humble opinion. Smile

Keep mixing!!