Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zwiepack Mix
Hi all,

My first post here starts out with a mix of this nice song. Heard some pretty impressive versions allready in the previous threads. Minimalastic approach here. Used the room sound because I really like it on the sax. Used some eq and high pass filtering but no artificial reverb or delays.

Greetz,
Rein

.mp3    Zwiepack_Summertime_23012016_3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

Great job. Gotta love those drums! And bass is nice and smooth. Compare that sax to mine (Last thread). Pretty big difference. Mine is way too far and yours is maybe too close :D
Best mix I have heard so far.
(24-01-2016, 01:47 AM)Xilityxlauta Wrote: Great job. Gotta love those drums! And bass is nice and smooth. Compare that sax to mine (Last thread). Pretty big difference. Mine is way too far and yours is maybe too close Big Grin
Best mix I have heard so far.

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. I don't think your sax is too far. It sounds about right to my ears. What I believe it has as an advantage over my version is that it is more focussed.
If I would be asked to pinpoint the sax in your version it would be on the left side of the stage (from my perspective facing the stage).
In my version it is more all over the place. However, I let it be because I liked the sound overall.