Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neon Hornet: 'Take It Off'
New Mix, I feel that this multi. has gotten the better of me somehow, so one final attempt and now I'm putting it to bed and walking away... Rolleyes

Dave.

.mp3    Neon Hornet_Take It Off.mp3 --  (Download: 11.47 MB)

I don't think it sounds terrible by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think you may have gotten into the weeds (maybe without the plural as well? ;-) ) I think you may be too far into the mix with plugins at this point. If you have a version around the 2.5 to 3 hour mark, I bet if you went back to it, you could do about 15 minutes of work and knock it out of the park. I hear some really nice things done across the mix, but I think you've lost the forest for the trees. Make the song move, and make it hit. About all I hear. Nothing technically wrong, just. . . kinda lifeless now? Let some of the inherent flaws be characteristics. I hope you know what I mean, I may be a little inebriated. In the midst of a big ole weather event on the east coast of the US.

Go back to some of your more basic balances and just touch from there. You're real close, but on the too far side.

Cheers man.

Draper
Thanks Draper, I did say I was walking away but I guess I can't help myself! I'm not sure about being down in the weeds, more like six feet down in the sub terrain and digging lol! I'm not running that many plugins actually other than eq and some comp throughout but I have spent more time than I care to admit tweaking. But I have processed the master fairly heavily followed by smashing the mix hard into the limiter (which is something I don't normally do). I have uploaded version #2 going easier on the master bus (my more "normal" way of doing it), I'm still not happy but it's definitely better.

Thanks for letting me see the light. Stay safe and warm.

Dave.

.mp3    Neon Hornet_Take It Off #2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.47 MB)