Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About the Overheads...
Has anyone noticed there's some weird popping sound on the attack on the kick and share on the overheads?

I'm trying to do a mix with it, but it's really bugging me. Has anyone found a way to EQ/compress/cut that out, and if not, are the overheads necessary? Can I just dump them altogether?
They sound completely squashed indeed, it's very hard to use them as an overhead as you would like normally. It's snap does harm to the snare. What I'm doing is just blend the track in hardly audible and use the 'room' track as an overhead more or less. The Hi-Hat track could function as one too...good luck!

(21-01-2016, 03:17 PM)cubdukat Wrote: Has anyone noticed there's some weird popping sound on the attack on the kick and share on the overheads?

I'm trying to do a mix with it, but it's really bugging me. Has anyone found a way to EQ/compress/cut that out, and if not, are the overheads necessary? Can I just dump them altogether?

(21-01-2016, 03:17 PM)cubdukat Wrote: Has anyone noticed there's some weird popping sound on the attack on the kick and share on the overheads?

I see this is a pretty old post but yes, I just did a mix and it sounds like the overheads had some compression going on. I did a tight EQ notch to find the offense frequency and notches it out. Seemed to work.

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.