Poll: Is the lead vocals rich enough
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
1 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fredy V "Not Alone" from Ralphie new to this group
Hi All I am a newbie to this group and this is my fist post and I selected the song "Not Alone".
I had a lot of fun mixing and mastering this track.
I hope you like as much as I do.
Wink

Corrected mix with the lead vocal effect close to mono.

.mp3    Not Alone.mp3 --  (Download: 15.73 MB)

I feel you widen on the voice to much. I'm listening to headphones and it sounds a bit weird. it's tirering to the ear after a while. but the eq and the vibe is rich. is just that spreader or something you used on the voice that bugs me. Smile
Yep nice mix but I agree with the vocals being a bit too wide.Tongue

p.s. are you the same ralphie that signed up for PLAP ? just curious :-)
(20-01-2016, 08:28 AM)amacca Wrote: Yep nice mix but I agree with the vocals being a bit too wide.Tongue

p.s. are you the same ralphie that signed up for PLAP ? just curious :-)

Hi, Yes I am. Good spot.
Man you are talking about vocal. the guitar need a poll big @$$ poll. It is just a turn off to find a guitar like that with all meticulously recorded tracks. Nice Mix by the way.
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
You seem to have stuffed a lot of content into a very small space in your mix. It is certainly different than a lot of other mixes of this interesting song. Personally, I think the song begs for a big space to express the character of this song which I feel is a love balad. That being said, there is not much bad to say about your mix. Interesting and provocative. Some well expressed ideas.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-03-2016, 08:26 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: You seem to have stuffed a lot of content into a very small space in your mix. It is certainly different than a lot of other mixes of this interesting song. Personally, I think the song begs for a big space to express the character of this song which I feel is a love balad. That being said, there is not much bad to say about your mix. Interesting and provocative. Some well expressed ideas.

Thanks for your comments. I was going for the 70's big band feel. I was a great song to work with and I wanted something different than all the other mix's.