Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines - Semantics (M&F)
(10-04-2016, 01:16 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 01:08 AM)Shul Wrote: P.S. I'd love it if you could upload an mp3 version of the mix with the wav link side by side like you used to do. I use my phone most of the time so an mp3 small file would work best for me when I'm away from home "most of the time"

Ok, I will do that next time I'm at the station.. it's a separate mastering pass that has to happen to "print" to the mp3 friendly rate.. converting the 24/41 master to a mp3 produces a bad ref..

Yeah I agree is extra work. Well if you don't mind it'd be good to have the mp3 versions. Also I might start supplying my "mix" pre master along with my master for mastering practice. Seen it as you mentioned it in another thread, it would be good for the community to practice. At least my best mixes Lol
(10-04-2016, 01:24 AM)Shul Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 01:16 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 01:08 AM)Shul Wrote: P.S. I'd love it if you could upload an mp3 version of the mix with the wav link side by side like you used to do. I use my phone most of the time so an mp3 small file would work best for me when I'm away from home "most of the time"

Ok, I will do that next time I'm at the station.. it's a separate mastering pass that has to happen to "print" to the mp3 friendly rate.. converting the 24/41 master to a mp3 produces a bad ref..

Yeah I agree is extra work. Well if you don't mind it'd be good to have the mp3 versions. Also I might start supplying my "mix" pre master along with my master for mastering practice. Seen it as you mentioned it in another thread, it would be good for the community to practice. At least my best mixes Lol

I think that's a good idea, I will add the mix only finals of my postings.. Many of the mixes here are at a mastering ready level and think comments made on songs are things that can be worked with post-mix and in the mastering stage.. Of course mastering is just as much of the voodoo arts as mixing, I think today's audio engineer needs to be verse in both arts since many music projects are done on personal setups (oppose to facilities).

I installed ProTools 12.5 today which added a cloud collaboration capability, so the mixer's ability to finish a song with the possibility of mastering is a additional plus for skill in these new "cloud" working environments.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.