Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom McKenzie's 'Directions' (klangbild-mix)
hi,
this is my mix of Tom McKenzie's 'Directions'. I am requesting comments.

Thank you very much!

Martin

.mp3    Tom McKenzie\'s \'Directions\'.mp3 --  (Download: 5.43 MB)

(11-04-2013, 03:23 PM)klangbild Wrote: hi,
this is my mix of Tom McKenzie's 'Directions'. I am requesting comments.

Thank you very much!

Martin

Not bad at all, Martin :o)

Just a couple of things to consider:

The breath noises are a bit 'obvious' and distracting. Try using a bit automation to zero-in on the most serious areas and that will help the overall flow. Also pull down the levels of the guitars during the little lead flurry towards the end of the song so they don't jump out at the listener. These little corrections will put a bit more polish on what is a pretty good mix. Hope this helps a bit.
Hi Martin

Yes, a very respectable mix indeed!
Cleaning up unwanted channel noise, breaths, etc are the main thing I can pick up here.

Listening to your track and Robert's (and a couple of others) I have no idea how you managed to keep the main acoustic guitars full-bodied without the same 200-300Hz frequency range in the bass causing the track to go boomy the moment they start playing at the same time, yet the bass seems to also have this frequency range pretty well represented.

I have so much more to learn!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!

Good mix, and nice different effects on guitars.

Only one thing came to mind:
You could adjust the level and the sounds of the shaker in the left and acoustic rhythm in the right guitar so that they make a nice pair together. Mute others and listen them together to make some adjustments. Try to make them a rhythmic pair.