Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zwiepack_Summertime_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

OK folks, here's my crack at this. I wanted it nice and clean. I love digital...don't like hissing, tape hiss, etc. I think I got what I wanted. No hissing and clean and crisp. What say you???? Comments are always welcomed.

Thanks,

Tom

.mp3    Summertime_mix Tommy Marcinek.mp3 --  (Download: 7.7 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Really nice Tom, great job drying up the Sax. Enjoyable listening first thing Sunday Morning.
Dave.
(03-01-2016, 12:00 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Really nice Tom, great job drying up the Sax. Enjoyable listening first thing Sunday Morning.
Dave.

---------------
Dave,

Thanks for the kind words.....!!! Very much appreciated.....glad you liked my mix.

Tom
This is a clean + warm mix. I also liked this and observed the clean +warm angle to try out a technique on my next post.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Great Mix of this tune and that is a great sax sound.
(03-01-2016, 08:16 PM)fjuarez3 Wrote: Great Mix of this tune and that is a great sax sound.

---------

Thanks for the props......I put in quite a bit of time devoted to the sound of the sax.....so your comment is really appreciated. I listened to your mix....see my comment on your post....nice job!

Tom

Lovely spacious Mix tom ,excellent job as usual !
Listening on headphones with my technical hat on lol ,the bass sounds nice and solid in the centre ,but the kick sounds a touch wide and loose around 200 and below in the side channels suspect coming from the room mic track .
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Great work, Tom. There's alot to like about this mix, my favourite aspect is the width you've achieved. It's a touch brittle sounding at the top end, particularly with the clicks at the start and the bass drum to me has too much click for the genre. A bit flabby in the low end also, a bit of multiband comp would fix that no probs. Enjoyable to listen to overall though. Cheers.
(08-01-2016, 11:00 AM)thedon Wrote: Lovely spacious Mix tom ,excellent job as usual !
Listening on headphones with my technical hat on lol ,the bass sounds nice and solid in the centre ,but the kick sounds a touch wide and loose around 200 and below in the side channels suspect coming from the room mic track .
Cheers Big Grin

--------------
Thanks Don!!! Actually, though, I don't think I even used the room track. That low end looseness must have come from somewhere else. Actually, I really tried a couple of different approaches to this mix, more closely resembling other genres, like a light rock or something....just to see how far I could push it.

Tom
(09-01-2016, 12:03 PM)mick2015 Wrote: Great work, Tom. There's alot to like about this mix, my favourite aspect is the width you've achieved. It's a touch brittle sounding at the top end, particularly with the clicks at the start and the bass drum to me has too much click for the genre. A bit flabby in the low end also, a bit of multiband comp would fix that no probs. Enjoyable to listen to overall though. Cheers.

---------------

Mick,

Thanks for the props and suggestions. Yeah, I'm kind of known for making the kick too prominent in my Jazz mixes. I think there are medications for this...not sure....LOL! Seriously, I will take your suggestions to heart and next time I will use a good reference mix....didn't do that for this.....just mixed it and did so the way I am used to hearing other genres in my monitors, etc.

Thanks again,

Tom