Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not You
I was inspired by the terribly tracked bass guitar and I decided that instead of trying to clean the mix up I would accentuate the DIRT.

Im sure that you'll have plenty of critiques for this one so have at it.

.mp3    Not You 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Wow, that's a rather different take on this song. Sort of the "live performance from the club in an old tin roof shack down at the end of a dirt road" feel, esp for the drums. Just goes to show that you can put music in all sorts of environments and each has their own appeal.

Might want to tame that guitar a bit more. The volume is fine but during the verse, you need to compress it a little more to get rid of the piercing quality of that top note. In general, I think the attack times on your compressors might be a bit shy. A few balance problems, I think although I believe I understand what you were after.
Old West Audio
[quote='azwayne' pid='40682' dateline='1451784279']
Wow, that's a rather different take on this song. Sort of the "live performance from the club in an old tin roof shack down at the end of a dirt road" feel, esp for the drums.

I think its more the contrast of the VERY dark drums that make everything else sharper. But I know if I change the drums a little I will have to change everything a little, I may come back and fix idk. Thanks for you observation.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1