Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkuaz - Tip Toe Through The Crypto (m&f)
This song was used to practice with my "focus strategy" (example solo guitar in lead) and isolation (punch of live drums) elements of the mix (and finalization).

Source file for reference, right click and "Save File As" (please use BitPerfect from the Mac App Store for iTunes for Mac for bit-to-bit intended playback).

(added the non-finalized mix-only pass version for reference.)

.mp3    Tiptoe Through The Crypto XQR.mp3 --  (Download: 11.37 MB)

.m4a    Tip Toe Through The Crypto XQR no mastering.m4a --  (Download: 4.53 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
I personally just want a little more ass end across the whole song. A touch more low end energy in the kick, and a bump around 200 on the bass would give it a little more hit.

Other than that, fantastic job man. There is a possibility that I think that the mix hair too bright, but I keep vacillating. It might be the guitar. (The bright feeling is only present in the master. The mix is nice, so maybe just pull a little bit [2-3 dB] of the 12k back a little bit on your master buss?)

Great work

Draper
(18-01-2016, 07:33 PM)loweche6 Wrote: I personally just want a little more ass end across the whole song. A touch more low end energy in the kick, and a bump around 200 on the bass would give it a little more hit.

Other than that, fantastic job man. There is a possibility that I think that the mix hair too bright, but I keep vacillating. It might be the guitar. (The bright feeling is only present in the master. The mix is nice, so maybe just pull a little bit [2-3 dB] of the 12k back a little bit on your master buss?)

Great work

Draper

Thanks.. Yep, all valid observations.. from here it would be client recalls to make tweaks to deliverable.. I did this one early in my forum membership and the result is me being in awe of what in-the-box can do after a 12 year lay-off from mixing, and setting up the station...

I think I've settled on a process since this one was posted, always trust your ear Draper...
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
I think that there is too much processing going on. This mix sounds too bright and thin. It needs a tad more low end and less 2kHz and darken the highs a little bit, and it will sound the way it was supposed to sound