Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Enimies
I used EZmix and SS for all the emulations and processing.

I used GTR GODs 3 (KSE) and GTR GODs 2 (jeff Loomis)

Thats it.

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Dead Enimies.mp3 --  (Download: 12.81 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
I realize this is not a perfect mix by any means and having not listened to it in a while I noticed that in the second half the vox are lower than the first. Let me know what you think as well, THX
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Nope I agree, consider how you reviewed my mix I had expected something better :-)
(26-12-2015, 05:28 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Nope I agree, consider how you reviewed my mix I had expected something better :-)

what do you mean?
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(26-12-2015, 05:28 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Nope I agree, consider how you reviewed my mix I had expected something better :-)
what do you mean?
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(26-12-2015, 05:57 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote:

what do you mean?

I agree it's not a perfect mix is what I meant. Sorry for being not more detailed. It sounds little blurry I can't separate the instruments when listening. Maybe it is how you want it then i't's ok. :-)

/C
(26-12-2015, 07:45 PM)Cassandra Wrote:
(26-12-2015, 05:57 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote:

what do you mean?

I agree it's not a perfect mix is what I meant. Sorry for being not more detailed. It sounds little blurry I can't separate the instruments when listening. Maybe it is how you want it then i't's ok. :-)

I do like the instruments they way they are and I honestly believe that if its blurry to you then my assertion about how you're auditioning them is relatively accurate. Because I bet if you were to mix my stereo mix you would scoop the mids. I could scoop the mids and then post it for you and you can compare the two mixes and see which one is clear on your system. I have several other mixes that you can listen to and compare and I bet you'll them all to be cloudy. Thanks for taking the time to clarify your statement. Cheers! How are you Mixing, are you using monitors or headphones or both.
/C

My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Powerful mixSmile I liked it!
Sound of solo convincing enough.
For my taste the middle part( lyric) is too loud. And sometimes the kick falls out of balance.
CheersSmile
(27-07-2016, 12:37 PM)Konek Wrote: Powerful mixSmile I liked it!
Sound of solo convincing enough.
For my taste the middle part( lyric) is too loud. And sometimes the kick falls out of balance.
CheersSmile

Cool. Thanks. There are a lot of things I would tighten up on this mix if I were ever to do it again and the kick is defiantly one of them.

The vox would also get the treatment. I've practiced a lot since I've mixed this session and have learned a few more tricks.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Hi wesleyamltd!!

I listened to the mix, a good job overall but i'll raise the volume of the kick and rebalance the volumes of the synths; a little too high in some parts Smile

Have a nice day!
Check out my bands: 

Umbriferous - https://umbriferous.bandcamp.com/releases

Storm Of Particles - https://stormofparticles.bandcamp.com/releases