Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't tell.........
I know that the mixing of instruments is good not great but good.... Wondering if its the plug ins I am adding that make it sound a bit sloppy at times?

Let me knowHuh

.mp3    Zeno3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.95 MB)

A couple of things on this mix:

1) The vocals needs more space created around them (reverb, delays, harmonizers, chorus ... or any combination thereof)
2) The balance (EQ and level) between verse and chorus is something to look at. In particular the chorus sounding 'thiner' than the verses.

Overall comment: Although some of the instruments and effects are interesting in isolation (particularly the effects on the guitars) it's not being blended together well as a mix. I would say the basics of EQ (mainly), levels and automation seem more important than the specifics of any plugins used on the session. So, I'd suggest getting a good mix sans-plugins first, then adding the effects back in at that point.

Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Thanks for that advice! I am learning this little by little on my own and I feel that it's getting better. Just some of the stuff with Voice and Guitar that I struggle with. I shall try and work on it without plugins then add them later. Again thanks for all that advice!

Regards,
Frank