Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Turkuaz-Tip toe throught the crypto
Here you go. My mix. Rate and comment! Smile

.mp3    Turkuaz-Tip toe throught the crypto.mp3 --  (Download: 11.06 MB)

Your balances are really nice man, I think that your snare could be brought up some. It has a great tone, just bring it up a little bit. Maybe bass is a little big compared the image of the rest of your mix. Again, it sounds nice, but in my mind's eye there's a 7 foot bass playing trolloc (if anyone gets that reference, I'll be super happy) with an equally big bass amongst a group of mere mortal humans. Okay, that may be hyperbole, but i think you get my intent.

The Vocals are a bit. . .of a problem in this recording. You've done well in cleaning them up, but I think there is still a little bit too much low mids present in her voice, making it sound a little dull. It's really hard to make her not sound strident when you clear it out, so you'll have to sculpt the higher mids a bit as well.

Aside from that, I like your stage image, but I think it may be able to be a touch wider in general, and that will clear out some space in your whole mix. I like this song to be a little dense, so don't go overboard, but I think it feels a liiiiitle crowded in the middle.

Overall a nice mix that could be great with just a little more time.

Thanks for sharing!

Draper
Thank you very much! I will keep all this in minds while mixing in the future. I only recently started doing this. Whenever you can, comment my other mixes.

Kind regards,

Pavle Smile