Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mr.Franky's mix : Devil's Words
Hey guys,

I tried this song today, tell me what you think ! Wink
Good, tight musicians and a good singer!
Recorded nicely as well ! Smile

Any feedback is most certainly welcome !!

Cheers!

.mp3    Actions - Devils Words Mix - 0017 - Audio - CONSOLE-02.mp3 --  (Download: 4.56 MB)

Great well balanced mix. Made me want to turn it up loud! I like how you got clear definition on every instrument in your mix. The distorted guitars sound great, that's something I always struggle with.
(21-04-2013, 08:30 PM)sano Wrote: Great well balanced mix. Made me want to turn it up loud! I like how you got clear definition on every instrument in your mix. The distorted guitars sound great, that's something I always struggle with.

Thank you very much Sano, I appreciate it! If there's anything bad you hear going on, please inform me ! Smile

Cheers !
Nice sounding mix,good job
What a tight, punchy mix what samples did you use on the kick and snare? They sound great. My only minor issue is how low down the backing vocals are, but even then, it doesn't particularly take away from how good this mix is.

Great work!
Hey Mennis,

Thanks for the reply! Smile
I honestly don't remember which sampels I used, if I used any at all.. Normally I just use samples to enhance the snare sound, not to replace it. Kick could've been totally replaced though.

Cheers
I like the guitars they sound big and fat, drums a bit to much reverb, subltle is better. and more compression, especially in the drums. try desessing the vocals next time, those sibilances are killing you. and more compression on the vocals , a lot more! she's hitting those notes pretty hard, very dynamic vocals, especially in the backing vocals. I don't think they used any compression on the on the way in, at least it sounds to me like they didn't. but good punchy sound, good job!!
Thanks a lot for the tips! Always nice to get some feedback.

(29-11-2013, 02:33 AM)lram87 Wrote: I like the guitars they sound big and fat, drums a bit to much reverb, subltle is better. and more compression, especially in the drums. try desessing the vocals next time, those sibilances are killing you. and more compression on the vocals , a lot more! she's hitting those notes pretty hard, very dynamic vocals, especially in the backing vocals. I don't think they used any compression on the on the way in, at least it sounds to me like they didn't. but good punchy sound, good job!!