Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please comment on my mix.
Hello everybody. Smile
This is my first try on this song. I really love the lead voice.

.mp3    ComeAroundAzusa.mp3 --  (Download: 9.53 MB)

I've seen it has been downloaded a lot.
Come on somebody, please give it to me.. hard or harsh. Wink
Hi ,intresting mix.Bit bottom heavy and that snare sound i just dont think it suits and the hats, it just clashes with the rest of the mix that is smooth ish.
I think the guitars are a bit over powering too.
There ya go theres my thoughts.
Hi Azusa

I like that you have introduced a very interesting effect as part of the outro - a unique and creative touch.

A couple of things I'm hearing;

The backing vocals which go from L-R-C seem to be quiet at first and then creep up for the next couple of "daddy come around" bits. Maybe look at automating the volume to keep them at roughly the same level. It sound as if the backing vocalist is a bit shy then gets her courage up to start singing louder Wink

I can hear Xabix's voice in my head reminding me of creating 'air' and 'space' in a mix and I think his wise words could apply to this track as well. You have the left-right balance covered, but everything seems to be, for the most part, all up front. Some elements could be pushed back a little with a bit of gentle reverb, especially the backing vocals. Not to say that you should drench everything in a wash of reverb, just a bit of tasteful 0.6 to 1 second room on a few elements to get them to sit back from my earholes a little bit.
You have a bit of reverb on the kick already, maybe select a few other instruments to be sent to the same effect - that way it will sound like everything is sitting in the one room together.

Hope some of this can help you for your your future mixes. Of course, much of what I have suggested could fall under the 'personal taste' category and may be politely ignored Big Grin

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thank you for the comments. Smile

I had a hard time try to make drum loops sound good.
There are 2 loops with different ambiences and pans.
Listen to the tambourine when the second drum loop comes in at different place and so the snare. Confused

The backing vocals, I played around with the words "come around".
That's a reason they move around and in and out.

On the outro I don't want to use the same guitars so I put the whole thing into a filter delay.
It makes the sound more interesting (at least for me Big Grin ).

Thanks again. I hope for more. Tongue