Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Take it Off
Been playing around with this one in between working on our local Ballet's Nutcracker (averaging about 60 hrs per week). Anyhoo i think I'm close. My guitars have a lot more 500hz than usual, but I felt they needed to fill a void. Yea?

Draper

.mp3    Take it off GIT work.mp3 --  (Download: 11.99 MB)

Hi Loweche6 it sounds quite good to me,you,ve got some good "dirt"goin on,the only thing i would say is that i would put the guitar solo in the middle thats just my preference,please have a listen to my 2 mixes when you can and let me know what you think.cheers
Very interesting intro.. cool
Smile
Had my limiter set way too aggressively. I think I was able to pull out more punch and power. I also decided to change my bass tone. I liked the gritty intro. . . but for some reason it didn't feel quite right.

Thoughts?

Draper

.mp3    Take it off GIT work touch.mp3 --  (Download: 12.03 MB)

I always get too happy too early in the mix.

.mp3    Take it off GIT work touch2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.89 MB)

I like the intro of V1 the best, but prefer V3 overall. Good choice to remove the boxy reverb also. Nice work.
Thanks mick, I re-uploaded V3 with the vocals raised up a bit. I actually didn't remove the reverb, but I did tailor the eq of it.
Listening to version 3 ,listening on Hd 600's the panned electric sounds a touch louder than the rest of the music and vocals.
cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Really like what you did with the intro
I cant hear the kick drum, maybe its because the bass is taking all the space?
and the OHS are too quiet for my taste, not enough cymbals
the vocals are too quiet in the chorus, try using some automation to bring the vocals up during the chorus
the guitars are a little too loud in the bridge toward the end
i really like your use of effects on the mix, definitely fits the vibe of the song
Im really glad you chose to use LCR panning, thats the way i like to hear my guitars!
I Listen to version 3. I like how you did the the intro very cool sounding.

The mix sounds good overall ,but there are a few things that I'm hearing which might need some adjusting.

The vocals need to be brought forward some maybe adjust pre delay on verb and also as someone else mentioned pulling the guitars back some. I'm also not getting much from the
sound of the kic in the lows other than about 120 range which is probably more 1st harmonic.Try finding the fundamental and boosting it and maybe cut it on the bass.

I like the mix just a few tweaks.