Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awoooo! :)
So, I think this might be the most tracks I've ever mixed.

The whole time I was mixing, I had an image of the end credits of a supernatural teen drama in my head...

My favourite bits in this were the flanger I added to the verse acoustic guitar, and the backwards reverb on the whoa-whoa's Smile

I still can't decide if the low end is nice and full, or a bit overpowering Undecided

All comments welcome Smile

.mp3    HowlingJudders.mp3 --  (Download: 10.01 MB)

Hi, You should definitely remove some of the overpowering full end...if you don't like it that way of course.
Now, when listening to your mix I understand why you were thinking I had to much high end. :-)

/C
(14-12-2015, 07:58 AM)Cassandra Wrote: Hi, You should definitely remove some of the overpowering full end...if you don't like it that way of course.
Now, when listening to your mix I understand why you were thinking I had to much high end. :-)

/C

Yes, our mixes are very opposite! Smile

My room is far from perfect, and outside of the monitoring sweet spot it sounds tubby, but in the sweet spot, and on headphones, it sounds right to me.
That's the problem all the time to me. Sounds good in one place and bad in some other place. If mixing for my own I prefer mixing for the equipment I listen on mostly :-) But mixing for a customer is very different. I don't like to compromise.

/C
I dunno, plenty of commercial releases sound just as tubby outside of the sweet spot on my system too...
Don't leave the sweet spot then :-)