Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neon Hornet, Take it off final mix
All honest reviews are welcomed cheers.

.mp3    Neon Hornet,Take it off.mp3 --  (Download: 11.82 MB)

Any comments please Smile?
Hey there..
To be really honest, your mix is sounding very confusing relating to the soundstage, i.e the placement of the elements in the mix in the stereo field. The guitars sound too far, and also that the rhythm guitar(gtr1) is in front of the lead(gtr2) one. Actually there's no hard and first rule for the placement of elements in the mix, but still, some is amiss there.
But I kinda like the vocals, seems to be cutting through the mix.
Also the drum room seems to be a little too loud there.
A start, before I can stop..
Iam not sure what your hearing????? Smilemaybe you are comparing it to your mix which is very one dimensional sounding and very small,it could be what you are monitoring with, cheers anyway.
okay i thought i would do a more dense mix with a few tweaks hear and there.

.mp3    Neon Hornet,Take it off. mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.82 MB)

Listening to Version 2 ,I like it.
Just some thoughts on what i can hear while listening on headphones until I finish my room upgrade ,the vocals sound a db or 2 low ,maybe due to the the bass guitar sounding a touch upfront ,reducing or rolling off loose deep bass 40hz may sound a touch more cleaner.
There might be some frequency build up at around 220hz area causing a ringing resonance which might be masking the vocals.
The top end of the cymbals could be a touch brighter could be some other frequencies masking the cymbals at around 5k area ? not sure if is the one of the electric guitars ?
cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks Don i have made some adjustments and i agree with your comments,i also have to apologise to meetsai i realised what you was saying after listening to my first mix,this is my last mix of this track,please let me know what you guys think, I also thought I would experiment with some distortion but don't know whether I have overused it cheers.

.mp3    Neon Hornet,Take it off. final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.76 MB)

Listening to version 3 final version ,can hear big improvement on the overall sound well done.
Some of the sses in the vocals maybe a touch compressed or being masked by cymbals but no big deal.
Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks very much Don.
Yeah man, your final mix sounds really energetic and full. Great job man.