Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'Mix Rescue' mix
Yes,by time you we get to checking the fine detail at the end of the mix your fed up with it lol
I hate h hats,cant stand the things.Nice sounding hats are ok but when you get them clanging dustbin lids
you just cant do anything with gets to me.
someone already beat you to it! That was a good read Mike
(03-06-2013, 04:40 AM)Dags Wrote: Question for everyone, in the sections around 1:55 and again around 2:49 there's mix buss compression happening that is causing the cymbals (and guitars) to duck and draw attention to the use of compression in the track. (Not having a go at Mike, this is just a stylistic question)
Is this a 'normal' thing to expect with mastering compression for pounding hard rock/metal or is there a way to make it more transparent? The reason I'm asking is that a single for a local band has this 'cymbal ducked by the kick drum' effect prominently throughout the song and I was taught that compression should be as transparent as possible unless used as a deliberate enhancement effect. To my ears, obvious mix buss compression such as this doesn't fall into the 'transparent' category.
I can't recall hearing it in early hard rock or even early metal songs.
Is this a new style that's crept into the hard rock genre?

Dags

Sounds like simple side-chaining. Its more prevalent in Pop, EDM, POP/Rock, House Music, etc. Drawing attention is exactly what was intended--in my opinion. Nice touch!