Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sulking #2
My second try PLEASE let me know what you think.Sleepy

.mp3    Sulking_2a.mp3 --  (Download: 3.82 MB)

Hi Mike. I think you've done a good job with the guitars and most other parts .....The one thing that that needs a bit of attention is the snare tone - its a bit flat and lacking the power to drive the groove. I think that the snare is also being masked by the hat/oh/tambourine.

cheers, simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(18-03-2016, 03:54 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hi Mike. I think you've done a good job with the guitars and most other parts .....The one thing that that needs a bit of attention is the snare tone - its a bit flat and lacking the power to drive the groove. I think that the snare is also being masked by the hat/oh/tambourine.

cheers, simon

ConfusedThanks,you are right.I never knew when I first started mixing that the drums would be the hardest to get a sweet spot.
agree with the comments about the snare (but there was something funny about the recording). main vocal could be louder in relation to snare and tambourine (helps if you turn the volume way down and listen to what sticks out, in this case the tambourine)