Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Alone CP mix
Hi

Here's my mix of the song. I put a lot of effort to make the chorus vocal parts sound right (to me). And guitar track was out of phase, so I fixed it. Thanks for listening

CP

.mp3    Not alone CP_5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

.mp3    Not alone CP_6.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

I like your mix sounds very nice and balanced,I like the the bass guitar sounding full and deep ,maybe some more low end punch on the kick and less mid boxy frequencies to work better with the bass ,I'm finding getting the bass and recorded kick to work together a challenge having to do some subtractive eq on the kick.
As a personal preference a little reverb on the snare and vocals maybe even just a subtle master reverb for some depth would sound awesome.
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks for your reply, don! I wanted kick sounds like classic R&B kick (little bit of 808), tight and big. But as you said, I need to take time to blend it with bass. Again, thanks for the feedback Smile
I think the main problem is lack of depth, it feels like everything on one circular plane around me, so even piano and guitar sound closer than the singer in verses. So, I think, pushing those back with reverb, making them narrower and a little quieter would open up space for the singer. Good mix nevertheless! Keep it up!Wink
My favourite part of this mix is the lead vocal, very natural sounding and hasn't been killed with EQ! Nice work and you can really build around this vocal. The kick drum needs some weight and the low end of the bass guitar needs some tidying up and also a mid-range boost for definition. The left panned piano sounds a bit out of place to me, you could possibly try spreading it further in the stereo image. Some tasteful reverbs and delays would help achieve some depth too. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the replies and feedbacks! I've updated the mix, have a listen and tell me if it got better Smile

I re-balanced kick and bass, narrower the piano, 'tried' to make some depth to piano, guitar and vocal. Again, thank you all Smile
Mix #2.....like it a lot. Would love to hear more low end on that kick....I love a big kick.....but these are all "taste" things. Overall great job.....clear and crisp!!!! Nice!

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Thanks for your reply, Tom! A big kick is sure way to go for this song, but I just couldn't get enough from that kick track that was provided Sad
Thank you!
(07-12-2015, 11:59 AM)pj5479 Wrote: Hi

Here's my mix of the song. I put a lot of effort to make the chorus vocal parts sound right (to me). And guitar track was out of phase, so I fixed it. Thanks for listening

CP

Hmm. Interesting choice for the fade out of this. Certainly saves a lot of time for the mix! LOL. I read some comments about boxiness and would agree, but that is a problem with this song in many places and tracks. It took a lot of work to get the vocals to feel right for me. I also think I heard some distortion on the backing vocals in the early part of the song. Again, an inherent issue with the sound files. Other than that this was very nice.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Really like the wide Bvox, but I find the ping pong on the snare distracting.