Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting to mix
(03-01-2016, 05:54 PM)illsoulprod Wrote: i see the direction but the who "Hozier" vibe is lost on this record. It's a pop record and as such should be clean and dirty all at the same time with huge lows and airy highs. Sorry but this record doesn't do it for me, too lo-fi

Wow I missed that book. Where did you read that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSVMgRr6pw

this is the feel i get from this record, but i'm saying its a pop record and shouldn't sound like that
And I am asking where the definition of a pop record is ?
Remember this is a forum for people who whants to learn how to mix.
You don't have one mix yourself and coming here acting like a pro. Maybe you are. It is hard to tell as you don't have any mixes yourself.
Taste are different from people to people. I did this mix after my own preferences not yours.
Saw you commented on several mixes with same attitude.
/C
I commented on what I heard. And yes from my professional stand point and the current sound of leading pop music in the music industry I gave my opinion on these mixes I heard.
You say you want to get better but scoff at my opinion because I have no mixes on here to promote and ask if they're good?
I have a website for that, clients for that and I enter competitions for that.
I like and support this site since I found it almost a decade ago because of insightful knowledge it imparts and as a teaching tool for younger engineers.
I don't have an attitude, I have a professional opinion and stand point.
I stand by my critique of the mixes, I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say.
I think you are a fake. You found this site a decade ago and registred to it 2014 and have commented on one song.

/C
a fake ya say lol
ok, well this fake knows that before this site was a "mix track out page" it was a directory for knowledge thus the main pages information. I registered last year because I said why not take part in the community. Sorry but my last year was busy and I never had time Smile
But here is my information if you like
Ill Soul Productions, I'll even save you the time to google me Smile
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ill...roductions

But back to the topic, I still stand by my critique. It sounds overly processed and lacking in key regions, again just my professional opinion.
But have a great day of mixing and learning my friend Smile
I will learn with help of people with a better attitude and hard work regardless if you are real or fake.
If it's you on the website it sounded ok, but it doesn't defend a bad attitude.
/C
Hey there ol' friend!

Well first of all i agree with you with the already processed tracks...it's...quite weird.

I feel like ur mix is way to loud and so it's distorted at some parts, also has a bit weird compression overall making the kick sink a bit the rest of the music that comes right after it. A bit much mid-low range, I think a bit more of air on the top end would be a nice try.

Cheers.

/A
Hello again :-)
Maybe I'll take another go one day, but for now I'm pleased with what I did. Still enjoy listening to my mix. Haha I maybe have bad taste or just used to this sound :-)

/C
vocal has too much harshness need some more work on the drums