Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting to mix
I thougth it would create problem with all this tracks, but it was not that hard, took me some hours though. One thing I think is difficult is when files already are processed as here. I think it ended up pretty good anyway :-)

/C

.mp3    Howlin2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

(05-12-2015, 04:36 PM)Cassandra Wrote: I thougth it would create problem with all this tracks, but it was not that hard, took me some hours though. One thing I think is difficult is when files already are processed as here. I think it ended up pretty good anyway :-)

/C

There's lots of scratchy high-end building up in your mix. It gets a bit painful!

Maybe your room or monitors have a problem with top end?
(14-12-2015, 12:44 AM)Judders Wrote:
(05-12-2015, 04:36 PM)Cassandra Wrote: I thougth it would create problem with all this tracks, but it was not that hard, took me some hours though. One thing I think is difficult is when files already are processed as here. I think it ended up pretty good anyway :-)

/C

There's lots of scratchy high-end building up in your mix. It gets a bit painful!

Can You tell me more exact what you find is a problem please. I don't find any disturbing hign end in my mix. Is there all the time or on a certain spot in the mix ? Some instrument that are getting to high ?
The mix is the way I like it really but maybe I missed something. Maybe I like the high end you find disturbing. Since it not mixed after someone elses preferences than mine I am the boss :-) But if there is a mistake high end create some distorsion or so I will change it but then tell me exactly where. Thanks for comment.

/C
(14-12-2015, 07:48 AM)Cassandra Wrote:
(14-12-2015, 12:44 AM)Judders Wrote:

/C

Can You tell me more exact what you find is a problem please. I don't find any disturbing hign end in my mix. Is there all the time or on a certain spot in the mix ? Some instrument that are getting to high ?
The mix is the way I like it really but maybe I missed something. Maybe I like the high end you find disturbing. Since it not mixed after someone elses preferences than mine I am the boss :-) But if there is a mistake high end create some distorsion or so I will change it but then tell me exactly where. Thanks for comment.

/C

Well, to be honest, to me pretty much all of it has a brittle and harsh character, but the worst offender is the "vibe guitar" parts, which is where it gets painful for me.
I'm not sure if I agree with you. One thing though, I could have used some more deep low end. Maybe the lack of it that makes you think it is bright. Let me review the mix later. :-)

/C
Well, until someone else comments on your mix you don't know if my ears are broken or not.

Hopefully someone will give you a second opinion Smile
(14-12-2015, 05:37 PM)Judders Wrote: Well, until someone else comments on your mix you don't know if my ears are broken or not.

Hopefully someone will give you a second opinion Smile

Haha i'm sure they are not broken. Sometimes it's just a matter of taste. But as I said I will take a second review this weekend probably :-) Maybe it was mine thas was broken :-)

/C
I uploaded a new mix now where I tried to remove some of the harshiness and also added some deep end to it.
Much better! Smile
i see the direction but the whole "Hozier" vibe is lost on this record. It's a pop record and as such should be clean and dirty all at the same time with huge lows and airy highs. Sorry but this record doesn't do it for me, too lo-fi