Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaculate mix and master
Bought the Magic AB plugin over the weekend and was very keen to try it out. Unfortunately I couldn't find any reference for this song, so I used a Taylor Swift song instead Tongue But, I think it works.

I also tried adding samples to kick and snare, would you have noticed if you didn't read this sentence?

.mp3    Immaculate_Master 01.12.15.mp3 --  (Download: 11.29 MB)

All comments made my me on this forum are purely subjective on my part. You're allowed to disagree with me, I certainly do not know all.
That said, we're all here to help each other, so happy mixing! :D

www.siverthenriksen.no/en
Nice overall balance.... you did a great job blending those samples in, nice over all balance on the kit also! The piano is all but lost in mono though Sad maybe use the mono room mic and look for different phase positions for teh stereo pair? i like your lead guitar sound too as well as your panning with the acoustic guitars. Big Grin
i7 4820k, Cubase 7.5, UAD2 Quad/Solo, Adam/Avantone/Tannoy monitoring,
RME HDSPe, SSL pres, Waves/SoundToys/Duende etc plugins...
Thanks M! (Are you a James Bond character? Tongue)

To be honest I hadn't thought about the piano in mono at all, and I don't think I care actually. The piano is just supporting the band, and it's not one of the essential instruments, but I see what you are saying though. Smile
All comments made my me on this forum are purely subjective on my part. You're allowed to disagree with me, I certainly do not know all.
That said, we're all here to help each other, so happy mixing! :D

www.siverthenriksen.no/en
You're talented.. Keep it up Smile The acoustic guitars are bit too prominent in the mix... rest I love the drums... Maybe it need a bit more rever and delay on the vocals...