Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matterplay - Jwood Mix
Constructive criticism is welcome!

This was interesting to mix, but I believe it turned out well.

.mp3    Malenky Slovos - Matterplay Mix MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

Here is my mastered version

.mp3    Malenky Slovos - Matterplay (Edit).mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

Hey Jwood,

my suggestion to you is to take a good listen to your mix and compare it to some of your favorite songs, try to make it sound like on of them (that is an easy way to learn the basics of a mix).

There are a few things I like to point out:
there is just to much reverb in the track, and it sound dark and muddy;
the vocals in the verses have a distracting amount of sibilance, try using a deesser or a multiband compressor;
the drums are very low in the chorus I can barely hear them;
you have a lot of distortion happening there you can really hear it on cymbals.

There ya go! I hope it helps a bit, don't be discouraged to try again and again... This is a hard song to mix.

Cheers!
(19-01-2016, 03:12 PM)Biscuit Wrote: Hey Jwood,

my suggestion to you is to take a good listen to your mix and compare it to some of your favorite songs, try to make it sound like on of them (that is an easy way to learn the basics of a mix).

There are a few things I like to point out:
there is just to much reverb in the track, and it sound dark and muddy;
the vocals in the verses have a distracting amount of sibilance, try using a deesser or a multiband compressor;
the drums are very low in the chorus I can barely hear them;
you have a lot of distortion happening there you can really hear it on cymbals.

There ya go! I hope it helps a bit, don't be discouraged to try again and again... This is a hard song to mix.

Cheers!

Oh God this mix was bad. Check this out; I've gotten a lot better - http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=13967

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback, by the way. You're the first to have done so.