Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sleep By The Fire, Bloom In Water
Hey guys, what do you think?

.mp3    Forkupines - Sleep By The Fire Bloom In Water.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

Any suggestions please?
Nice mix. Really nice. My only comments would be I think its a little scooped in the middle for my taste although so are quite a few commercial mixes of heavier styles of music. The other thing is your mastering process is pumping the whole mix a bit with the kick which is distracting. Enjoyed listeningSmile
(22-11-2015, 12:22 AM)Nos Wrote: Nice mix. Really nice. My only comments would be I think its a little scooped in the middle for my taste although so are quite a few commercial mixes of heavier styles of music. The other thing is your mastering process is pumping the whole mix a bit with the kick which is distracting. Enjoyed listeningSmile

Thanks ! I really appreciate it!
Hey man, nice mix!
I just think that the drums mash a bit too much. They seem to mess with the overall mix, did you check your mastering compression levels?
But keep it up!
I agree with Nos,
I think you have a bad compression problem with you drums. Listen for example the solo that starts around 0:40. THe groove of drums feels a bit odd there. Is it drum buss or master buss that’s causing that weird effect? I don’t know. If you can fix that I’m sure your mix opens right way after that.