Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkuaz - Tip Toe Through The Crypto
Live performances are not my best, so I decided to give this one a try and practice a little bit.

As always, comments will be welcomed!

.mp3    Turkuaz - Tip Toe Through The Crypto.mp3 --  (Download: 10.81 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Hi.
Your mix has a nice stereo spread and I like how the Hammond is accented and panned only thing is vocal screams a bit too loud due to proximity effect at times.
Toms sound nice and tight only thing is you have chosen a boxy type of sound for kick drum (highest peak on 90Hz at times) which is good for those with budget range 2.0 and 2.1 systems with ''sub-woofers'' since there aren't that much information below 70Hz in your mix.
Hi-hat and overheads are quite crisp sounding.
Bass is kinda subtle but still sufficient enough to join rhythm section with the rest.
Overall the tone of whole mix is nicely balanced between fullness (150Hz-400Hz) and warmness (400Hz-1kHz).

I Like your mix ,can hear something with the snare sounding a little boxy but I can't pinpoint the cause or exact frequency somewhere around 250hz area , live recordings are a fun challenge Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

thank you sysrq and Don! despite the issues you mentioned, I got a better mix than I first expected. My live performances mixes are terrible and I've always needed a few attempts to get some decent sound!!
mixing since April 2013