Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixdown & Master - Schoolboy Fascination
Hi, I like pop, so I decided to mix this track. What are your thoughts?

.mp3    Al James Master Mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.59 MB)

Hi I Like your mix ,a touch bright in the 1-4k the mix especially vocals and the kick sounds like it could be more tighter by using a gate or replacement as sounding a little loose and maybe competing with the bass, I haven't downloaded the multi tracks yet just some thoughts while listening.
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi, first of all thanks for taking the time to listen. I think the 1-4 k issue you mentioned might be a problem involving the master, since I tend to boost that region a bit, especially in pop music. What you mean there with the gate/replacement and what sense it would make is unclear to me though. I don't hear the kick/bass issue on my monitors or headhones, maybe i should check on some others too. For me it sounds rather like the kick is sinking into the bass slightly, which I personally like because it creates a smooth and flowing sound. After all, it's a question of taste I guess. Cheers
Pretty decent! I love the snare in that, but I'd try a shorter delay effect to the vocals and for my taste its a tiny bit too much 3k in the mix and a bit too much 7-8k on the vocals because the "s" is pretty sharp. But thats a matter of taste... But I like your Version of it!
It should be better now