Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines MIX!!!
Hi all, here's my mix, hope you like it! As always I'm looking for your suggestions!

.mp3    Forkupines - Sleep By The Fire Bloom In Water - 01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.59 MB)

Hi Alex,
I've listened to your mix. It's actually really nice and decent!
Your kick and snare sound fine. Snare cuts nicely through the mix and the kick is well-placed and sounds nice.

I've used like 60% of the sample sounds for both and 40% of the microphone signals blended into each other phase-coherently.
The signal processing on both were a eq to cut out resonances and boost the sweet spots a little and waves cla-76 compressors (blacky's) since they are my favorite for snare and kick.
I always try to set compressors up like rubber bands. If they're too loose they don't work, if they're too tense they don't work neither. It needs to float with the signal and breath.. yeah, that philosophy.
I used the trigger signals to open a gate on both so they wouldn't mess with bleeding too much. I find that you can handle a noise gate way better with trigger signals.
And there was a dynamic eq for the snare to get it heavier. Pushed the punch up a little and cut the ringing, that's why it sounds so dry and snappy.

But you really did a great job!

Keep it up, Alex!
(14-11-2015, 02:23 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hi Alex,
I've listened to your mix. It's actually really nice and decent!
Your kick and snare sound fine. Snare cuts nicely through the mix and the kick is well-placed and sounds nice.

I've used like 60% of the sample sounds for both and 40% of the microphone signals blended into each other phase-coherently.
The signal processing on both were a eq to cut out resonances and boost the sweet spots a little and waves cla-76 compressors (blacky's) since they are my favorite for snare and kick.
I always try to set compressors up like rubber bands. If they're too loose they don't work, if they're too tense they don't work neither. It needs to float with the signal and breath.. yeah, that philosophy.
I used the trigger signals to open a gate on both so they wouldn't mess with bleeding too much. I find that you can handle a noise gate way better with trigger signals.
And there was a dynamic eq for the snare to get it heavier. Pushed the punch up a little and cut the ringing, that's why it sounds so dry and snappy.

But you really did a great job!

Keep it up, Alex!

Hi wurstdrummer! thanks for your reply, I really appreciated it! As soon as I can I will try to make some changes to the snr and the kick following your suggestions.

Have a nice day and have a nice mixing!!

Alex
Nice mix. I think your bass is a little to prominent at the expense of the kick and the vocal could be a little brighter but this is, I think, the best mix of this song Ive heard so far. Enjoyed listeningSmile
(22-11-2015, 12:32 AM)Nos Wrote: Nice mix. I think your bass is a little to prominent at the expense of the kick and the vocal could be a little brighter but this is, I think, the best mix of this song Ive heard so far. Enjoyed listeningSmile

Hi Nos! Thank you very much for your feedback! I will try to fix the bass and the vocals! Thanks again