Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Actor
For this mix I tried to approximate the steps described in Mike Senior’s Mix Rescue article.

My biggest deviation from the article was in vocal processing. I had Melodyne and Waves Renaissance EQ but lacked many of the other plug-ins. The article mentioned the 1176 as an alternative compressor so I used Avid’s BF76. For distortion I used their Air Enhancer and for de-essing I used the Dyn3 plug-in. I put a quarter note delay on Vox 2 & 3 and followed it up with a compressor keyed to the same input.

I replaced the kick & snareUp and put a gate keyed to the kick on the chorus guitars. The gate reduced gain about 3dB except on kick strikes. I also put a moderate compressor on synthpad1, keyed off the kick. I multed the lead synth, kick, snare down and elec gtrs 1 & 2 so I could make separate settings including some of the plug-ins above. I pitch-shifted the guitar chord in bar 24 but it didn’t turn out as good as the demo mix. I added short and long reverbs and finished up with a shortened intro.

Even with just following along and approximating the steps in the article this mix was a fair amount of work.

.mp3    EnglishActor.mp3 --  (Download: 4.44 MB)