Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
First time mixing complete set of tracks :)
Got this first in hour and a half Smile

.mp3    Mix training lepsie.mp3 --  (Download: 12.8 MB)

Ouch. That snare....
(17-11-2015, 08:24 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Ouch. That snare....

I improved it but still not satisfied at the beggining there is a lot going on. Making room at 1300hz for snare is not enough do you have any tips and tricks on such events ?

.mp3    Mix training.mp3 --  (Download: 12.36 MB)

My advice: Don't fix what doesn't need to be fixed. Most of the problems I hear with my songs are based on people trying to change the sound of the tracks by using drastic eq cuts and boosts. The tracks are well recorded and don't need a lot of eq'ing or compression or whatever somebody "on the internet" told you to do. They need to be balanced though. You will get a great sound with just high/low cuts, panning and volume automation. The keyword here is volume automation and a lot of people either don't know what it is or are too lazy to do it for ALL tracks. If there is a track that sounds odd even with volume automation THEN try to locate the problem and cut away the frequencies that are in the way.
(17-11-2015, 11:17 PM)Ereto Wrote:
(17-11-2015, 08:24 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Ouch. That snare....

I improved it but still not satisfied at the beggining there is a lot going on. Making room at 1300hz for snare is not enough do you have any tips and tricks on such events ?

I agree 100% with Blitzzz here. Also, 1300hz is only going to help bring out the attack of the snare. believe it or not, a snare drum, depending on shell size, diameter, and shell material, as well as the heads on the snare, can actually produce frequencies as low as 50hz. find a way to eq lightly just to bring out some body and some brightness. or do as i do and trigger. especially on a song like this because i personally find the snare in this song to be thin and slightly boring. No offense Blitzzz. i will post my version sometime hopefully tonight