Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkuaz Mix
Hey guys…

My mix of Turkuaz. Confused

Please comment!

Thanks!Smile

.mp3    Turkuaz Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

The mix sounds quite energetic and clean. Instruments are well balanced (weighted against each-other), only thing is vocal gets too tin and quite compared to other instruments at times.
A bit too much high frequency content on kick with proximity aka raw close-miked beater sound (snare gets lost).
Some ringing on bass @98Hz but not too much (could pass as a driving classic hard rock style bass).
Whole spectrum looks clean and smooth without any protruding frequencies which could be unpleasant to ears (similarity with pink noise spectrum).

Hammond could be louder but it's doesn't get played to often anyway so it plays in the back-round in most of the mixes found in this forum (doesn't need to be loud anyway), just a thought.
Hello buddy. The her voice took a little work to fit in the mix. I did infirm automation. I had to compress a lot and used a reverb to add depth . The Hammond is really a base in the mix. Perhaps a different equalization to highlights it more . Thanks for listening , analyzing and give your opinion. I will add the changes and posting back to seeing the difference . …. and sorry for my english. I'm from Brasil. (Brazil)