Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix with the Mix/Master Bundle by Slate Digital
I thought I might as well have a go using only the Mix and Master bundle having got it for free for 6 months.

I've used A1StereoSpread by Alex Hilton too, but that's all.

See what you think, I'm quite happy with the overall vibe of the track.

Any subtractive EQ was done with the SSL EQ.

.mp3    Street Noise Revelations.mp3 --  (Download: 10.55 MB)

https://soundcloud.com/laurencebush

laurencebush.co.uk

facebook.com/lbsoundandmusic

@lbsoundandmusic
(10-11-2015, 08:09 PM)Laurence Bush Wrote: I thought I might as well have a go using only the Mix and Master bundle having got it for free for 6 months.

Nice mix Lawrence. Well balanced and defined. I find the low mids a little heavy. I found a -3dB cut at around 250hz seemed to clean things up and help define the top end a bit as well. You would want to find the individual offending tracks as apposed to applying it to the master as I found it thinned the guitars out too much. A shelving boost at around 10k 1 to 1.5 dB may also help with some sparkle. Take note that I am listening to your mix with headphones so my judgement will not be completely accurate as well as it being a personal taste thing. Other listeners replies may have other useful suggestions. Enjoyable mix none the less.
(15-11-2015, 01:41 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 08:09 PM)Laurence Bush Wrote: I thought I might as well have a go using only the Mix and Master bundle having got it for free for 6 months.

Nice mix Lawrence. Well balanced and defined. I find the low mids a little heavy. I found a -3dB cut at around 250hz seemed to clean things up and help define the top end a bit as well. You would want to find the individual offending tracks as apposed to applying it to the master as I found it thinned the guitars out too much. A shelving boost at around 10k 1 to 1.5 dB may also help with some sparkle. Take note that I am listening to your mix with headphones so my judgement will not be completely accurate as well as it being a personal taste thing. Other listeners replies may have other useful suggestions. Enjoyable mix none the less.

Great stuff, thanks for the feedback on the 250 hz region. I'll make sure to keep an ear out for it next time!

UPDATE: I've just tried it out, and about -2db works well.
https://soundcloud.com/laurencebush

laurencebush.co.uk

facebook.com/lbsoundandmusic

@lbsoundandmusic