Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First shot tell me what you think
havent mixed much live stuff before any tips or anything would be much welcome

.mp3    Audio 1_09-01.mp3 --  (Download: 10.87 MB)

Excellent job cleaning up the back ground noise ,just a personal taste thing the vocals could come up a db or 2 ,I'm wondering if a very subtle reverb above 300hz on the master bus would sound just to give your mix a little ambiance would sound ?
Good job !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

This one sounds quite artistic with the tape like distortion effect on a guitar and distinctive hard left panned Hammond.
It has some 70's quality to it despite the fact that vocal sounds like in a small booth or a cubicle, It doesn't even need a separate reverb but just as Thedon says some reverb on the master bus would help to merge everything else a bit with it or it may ruin the naturalistic sound of particular mix. The solution might to play the mix trough speakers and then record some room sound with microphones or just one speaker and one mic for mono reverb. Without experimenting it will be hard to tell if it's even necessary.

I feel like some highs on the vocal has been rolled of due to some unwanted distortion in the original raw track and some hard limiter on master bus due to dynamic snare.