Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Hammer_Howlin_Final_Mix
Hello all,

I am an audio engineering student currently enrolled in an advanced mixing course. One of the assignments for this course was to mix a track of our choosing and submit it to our peers for review/absolute self humiliation.

The track I chose as you may have guessed was the Amber Sky track "Howlin"

I chose this track because I wanted to challenge myself, not only with a short timeline, but also with a session containing a large number of track that would really push me.

But anyway, attached is my final mix, I would greatly appreciate feedback; both critical and constructive, on the mix so that I may take notes and continue to improve.

Thank you all very much,

Hammer

.mp3    Hammer_Lab_3_ Amber_Sky_Howlin_Final.mp3 --  (Download: 9.84 MB)

(05-11-2015, 07:50 AM)EHammer Wrote: Hello all,

I am an audio engineering student currently enrolled in an advanced mixing course. One of the assignments for this course was to mix a track of our choosing and submit it to our peers for review/absolute self humiliation.

The track I chose as you may have guessed was the Amber Sky track "Howlin"

I chose this track because I wanted to challenge myself, not only with a short timeline, but also with a session containing a large number of track that would really push me.

But anyway, attached is my final mix, I would greatly appreciate feedback; both critical and constructive, on the mix so that I may take notes and continue to improve.

Thank you all very much,

Hammer

Sounding pretty nice I reckon!

It sounds most similar to mine (not sure if that's a good thing Wink ), but with less low end... and mine may well have too much low end, because I like to move air Smile
A little dull sounding in the low mids, mids and highs. Bring those up and you got a pretty good mix on your hands. Lows are ok but need more umph!
(03-01-2016, 06:04 PM)illsoulprod Wrote: A little dull sounding in the low mids, mids and highs. Bring those up and you got a pretty good mix on your hands. Lows are ok but need more umph!

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

I have a tendency to scoop the mids a little much Im convinced 315Hz is where the devil lives!