Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avalon_AllIKnow_Full 80´s Mix
I liked the song, it reminds me china crisis, human league or even some prefab sprouts songs. I wanted it to sound close to those 80´s records so y soaked it with reverbs and delays to spread the mix as much as I could and leave room for a big drum sound. I shoud have work the automation a little more and probably play more with the sends to give differet textures to the chorus and verses, but as general sound I think it works fine. hope you like it. take care everyone!!

.mp3    Avalon_AllIKnow_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 10.07 MB)

Hi xaco I think you have too much verb overall and snare is heavily on the left, keep going Smile.
yes, you are right about the snare. the problem was not on the snare track but on the percussion stero track having the snare on the left and toms on the right. reverb?? yes, maybe I was carried away by the 80´s vibe of the song. Guitar is a little bit too harsh too. thanks for your feedback man
No problem, what do you think about my mix?
Hey XACO -

Snare is tricky on this one because there were two of them. We actually recorded to 24 track tape and ran out of channels on it (because the last track had to sync to our sequencer). I dig the overall 80's vibe. I wish my vocal break had been a little more prominent in the mix....and the record scratch right after vocal break got lost completely. Sad Other than that, I seriously dig it! Great job!

- Matt