Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BobbyNobody - Stitch Up
This is my mix of BobbyNobody - Stitch Up. Any comments are welcome.

.mp3    BobbyNobody - Stitch Up.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

Hey there Samurai.

Your mix is incredibly clean, and I should probably preface by saying that I find this song to not only be awesome, but also one of the most difficult songs I've ever mixed. I'll be taking another crack at it soon!

In your mix there is absolutely nothing that isn't balanced, or stands out as "wrong," but it lacks the energy it needs, imho, for the intent of the tune.

You are, in effect, too neat!

It has no power; no impact; no forceful push.

In terms of spectrum and clarity, you nailed it. In terms of the power behind the mix, I think you need to take a different approach.

-J

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Hi grizwalter,

Thanks very much for you feedback as I really appreciate your input. I will upload a second version as soon as I can but I would love to hear what ideas you have in mind in regards to power and impact. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Regards.
(01-11-2015, 09:43 PM)Samurai Wrote: Hi grizwalter,

Thanks very much for you feedback as I really appreciate your input. I will upload a second version as soon as I can but I would love to hear what ideas you have in mind in regards to power and impact. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Regards.

It is hard for me to provided constructive feedback since I feel I haven't nailed this one yet. As I believe I noted in my initial feedback, however, it strikes me that simply rolling back the EQ settings would be a great start. So, for instance, if you have +3dB on a guitar channel at 3K, sharpen the Q and move the boost to +1.

If you have -4 dB on another instrument, tone it back to maybe -1 or -2 dB and, rethink the Q to ensure some blending.

Hope that makes some sense. I'm looking forward to mixing this one again soon, and getting it right, I hope, this time.

PS: I realize I did not, in fact, offer up the suggestion I thought I had. My apologies, but now you have it!

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Hi grizwalter,

Thanks again for your advice and Im always open for any ideas. I spend some time listening your sound cloud and I have to say that I'm really impressed with the quality of your mixes man and I was just wondering which reverb do you usually use because it sits really well in the mix.

I will upload a new version with as soon as I get a chance so that you can have a listen again and tell what you think.

Regards.
(31-10-2015, 08:44 PM)Samurai Wrote: This is my mix of BobbyNobody - Stitch Up. Any comments are welcome.

Great Mix..very powerful and clean!
Harry
How's it going.
Again, like Remember December, a good mix. Radio grade. Very smooth mix. The drums give it a gritty feel. The Vocals might need filtering in the low frequencies, up to 150hz, but then that might take away their edge a bit and I guess that's a thing you like keeping in the voices in your mixes. Cant do EVERYTHING by the book. If it works it works.
Well done. Got a good thing going. Keep doing what your doing.

James
London
(04-11-2015, 10:12 AM)Samurai Wrote: Hi grizwalter,

Thanks again for your advice and Im always open for any ideas. I spend some time listening your sound cloud and I have to say that I'm really impressed with the quality of your mixes man and I was just wondering which reverb do you usually use because it sits really well in the mix.

I will upload a new version with as soon as I get a chance so that you can have a listen again and tell what you think.

Regards.

Hey Samurai,

Thanks for the kind words. You ask about my choice of reverb, but I'm curious if you are referring to something specific (like vocal reverb(s)) or overall rooms and such. Clarify if you could, and I'm happy to respond accordingly!

Joe
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

(04-11-2015, 01:03 PM)hbrookes Wrote:
(31-10-2015, 08:44 PM)Samurai Wrote: This is my mix of BobbyNobody - Stitch Up. Any comments are welcome.

Great Mix..very powerful and clean!
Harry

Hi Harry,

Thanks for you feedback. I really appreciate your kind words.

Regards,

Samurai.
(04-11-2015, 03:37 PM)grizwalter Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 10:12 AM)Samurai Wrote: Hi grizwalter,

Regards.

Hey Samurai,

Thanks for the kind words. You ask about my choice of reverb, but I'm curious if you are referring to something specific (like vocal reverb(s)) or overall rooms and such. Clarify if you could, and I'm happy to respond accordingly!

Joe

Hey Joe,

I was listening to The Forkupines 'Sleep By The Fire, Bloom In Water' in your sound cloud page another day and I really liked the way the vocals and also guitars sit in the mix and I was just wondering if you could let me know which reverb you used for that track.

Regards,

Samurai.