Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Leaf- Come Around
I haven't posted in a while, been practicing to post something better than my first. I tried something different with this one. I love Karen's voice and decided to make it all about her vocal. I took out the drums in the first verse because I liked the flow and the drums seemed a little too much there. Made some changes to the first chorus as well. Any comments on the over EQ would be great. I need to get some better acoustic treatment. I've heard some really good mixes of this song so I'm feeling a little nervous.

.mp3    Leaf- Come Around mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

Her voice sounds great here. Nicely done. The kick drum might be a bit heavy on the low end.
Thanks for the input. The low end in my mixes have been a problem. I'm adding some acoustic treatment in a few weeks but doubt that this will fix my low end problems. Maybe adding a sub is the answer.
(10-11-2015, 11:18 PM)Barczar Wrote: Thanks for the input. The low end in my mixes have been a problem. I'm adding some acoustic treatment in a few weeks but doubt that this will fix my low end problems. Maybe adding a sub is the answer.

I can understand. I'm adjusting to a new room myself. Hopefully that gets your room sorted out!
I like the guitar placement and the general midrange energy.. feels really big. Some of the midrange peaks could be tamed a bit though. I like overall balance you struck, but there is a tad too much reverb on the mix for my taste.. you don't really feel the impact of her vocals with the extra reverb. Its my opinion that if you backed off the reverb on everything then the track would really come alive.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Also if you get a chance could you take a listen to my mix? I'd like to hear what people think: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=16482

Thanks
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650