Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Forkupines - Sleep by the Fire, Bloom in Water (konop_tnt)
Hey, my turn. I really enjoyed mixing this songs. Still plenty to do with dynamics, automation, but temptation to compare it to other mixes was bigger Smile

What do you think?

.mp3    forkupines_konop_1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

.mp3    forkupines_konop_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

Hey! Congrats, really good mix. Its really well balanced. Cool vocal fx on the last prechorus! But its a little bit confusing to hear the vocal delay of the backings between first chorus and second verse. maybe i turn down the feedback time a little bit Smile but all in all it's a really good mix!
Great work, this is a solid mix. The snare gets a bit lost during parts of the song and might benefit from a blended reverb to give it more depth, perhaps some parallel compression to even it out. The vocal in the chorus needs a bit of work with some widening and EQ and/or saturation to make it more exciting. The kick drum is perfect, wouldn't change that at all. The guitars are nice, you could pull out a bit of the 3khz region to remove a bit of the harshness, or try running them through an aural exciter of some sort to manage the top end and shape them differently via a group buss.
(28-10-2015, 12:57 PM)mick2015 Wrote: Great work, this is a solid mix. The snare gets a bit lost during parts of the song and might benefit from a blended reverb to give it more depth, perhaps some parallel compression to even it out. The vocal in the chorus needs a bit of work with some widening and EQ and/or saturation to make it more exciting. The kick drum is perfect, wouldn't change that at all. The guitars are nice, you could pull out a bit of the 3khz region to remove a bit of the harshness, or try running them through an aural exciter of some sort to manage the top end and shape them differently via a group buss.

Great remarks, I will try some of them. Thank you for that.
Wow, that's tight. Love it! You could put some work on the snare, but the rest is fine.
I agree with everyone else on this one: Besides the snare sounding kinda weak in the realm of things, this mix is wonderful!

Just make that snare more prevalent or at least snap a bit harder, and you've got a gem.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

(30-10-2015, 07:08 PM)grizwalter Wrote: I agree with everyone else on this one: Besides the snare sounding kinda weak in the realm of things, this mix is wonderful!

Just make that snare more prevalent or at least snap a bit harder, and you've got a gem.

Thank you for a kind words. Snare is too weak, I have an idea how to fix it. And some others cool ideas found on others mixes Smile Stay tuned!
This is really well balanced and very nicely weighted. thinl everyone may have an issue with the sanr because most everything else just sits right. For me the snare seemed a little distant, maybe some extra level or make it hit a bit more to punch thru?
Thansk for sharing this. I really like the guitars veyr clear and very tight, did you wind up doing any other digital editing then just cleaning up the vocal track and drum tails?
Smile
TC
Ok second try WinkSome of your remarks were implemented:
- touch of EQ on guitars, just to remove some annoing whizz,
- snare some parallel processing,
- little touch of waves vitamin for chorus and bridge vocals
- some automation (but very little)

I didn't want to replace snare sound. For some reason it was tuned like this, and I think it can be part of band sound.

What do you think now?
Thank you for all your comments.

Ps.: TC - no special digital editing on tracks - only fade in/out, silence removal etc.. Session is bit more complicated (many parallel busses and FX, as well as stems processing), but nothing tricky.

.mp3    forkupines_konop_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

Hi konop_tnt really like this mix sounds smooth, well done, have a listen to my mix 2 when you can and let know what you think,thanks.