Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines 'Sleep By The Fire, Bloom In Water' by AndreyG
So here it is! I've been working on it for few days, and had really trouble times by mixing those guitars, cause it just gives the main tone of the song, wich sounds pretty silly for me. And that vocal compression... RMS is about -9db, I didn't want to compress the whole mix to much, inspired by some nice dynamic mixes.
Anyway, listen to it, and rate then. Thank you.

And and know, that vocals in chorus should not to be like it (about that space, and reverberation), but as long as i'm not selling this song, it just sounds nice and interesting to me.

.mp3    Forkupines \'Sleep By The Fire, Bloom In Water\' .mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

Something's not quite right about the snare, but you're right, this is a nice and refreshing mix, it sounds tight in the verse and open, wide and mighty in the chorus. Nice one!
Try giving the snare a bit more bottom end and less bottom mic rattle. Smile
Is it just me or is the snare sliding to the left? Is your hi-hat-mic too present maybe?
I actually didn't use it at all in my mix because it was already sitting nicely in the overhead mics.
(25-10-2015, 09:44 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Something's not quite right about the snare, but you're right, this is a nice and refreshing mix, it sounds tight in the verse and open, wide and mighty in the chorus. Nice one!
Try giving the snare a bit more bottom end and less bottom mic rattle. Smile

Well, yes, I agree with that strange snare thing. But I know so many songs where the snare sounds tight, also there are the songs where you can barely hear it at all; you can go to songs, where the snare is really full and warm. Don't know, as long as I ain't got no reference... about snare pan... maybe you're right. Rolleyes