Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Forkupines - Sleep By The Fire, Bloom In water Mix by Ak3r
Well I love it. This is a fat and bright mix. All I'd change would be the hissing sounds of the guitar group and the snare sounds a bit too... slappy in my ears, but that's just my opinion. Nice mix, man!
(20-10-2015, 10:51 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Well I love it. This is a fat and bright mix. All I'd change would be the hissing sounds of the guitar group and the snare sounds a bit too... slappy in my ears, but that's just my opinion. Nice mix, man!

Hey! Thanks a lot for your comment! Means a lot comming from you hehe Smile

Yeah this 2nd mix has a lot more low end than the first, i guess i was making it up for what it lacked before hehe. I de-essed the guitars and boosted a little bit the mid range so they wont be so hissing, i guess that it's that i like 'em brighter and felt like the usual sound has a mid range hole that i dont like much :/ .

About the snare, yes...I'm still struggling with that, for now it was the way i found so it wont be lost in the middle, have presence to pierce thru the mix and not have an awful quantity of snare bottom as in most of the mixes that i've heard, wich i find that weakens it a lot...Once again thanks for your comment and taking the time to listen to my mix Wink !!!

Cheers

Ak3r
Ok so i wake up with fresh ears and tried a new "mastering" ...Wich one you prefer guys?

Thanks

Ak3r

.mp3    FORKUPINES - SLEEP BY MIX 2.2 MASTER 2 BY AK3R.mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

So yes i have a lot of time... ¬¬¡ I didnt quite like the last mix, specially kick and snare...So i made a few changes again and "mastered" closer to the 2nd version...So...how's it goin?

Thanks

Ak3r

.mp3    FORKUPINES - SLEEP BY MIX 3 MASTER BY AK3R.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

way better! Bright, crisp, punchy. Good work! The hat is a bit over-present maybe, try a smooth highcut. But good work on the drums!
(21-10-2015, 06:58 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: way better! Bright, crisp, punchy. Good work! The hat is a bit over-present maybe, try a smooth highcut. But good work on the drums!

Yay! Big Grin Thanks a lot!. Yeah that hh...i didnt pay much attention to it hehe as it was on the Drum bus but i as i rearranged everything i should have take a look at it. Thanks for pointing out Wink !!

Ak3r