Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My homemix
Listening to it again seems like the drums are a bit louder compared with the guitars...

/A
(21-10-2015, 10:02 AM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hey Cassandra,

could you upload future mixes in new posts instead of replacing the original one? That way people can compare and follow your improvements, resulting in a rough understanding for your workflow Smile

I like the mix I've listened to now! It's a bit bass heavy, that way the kick doesn't really cut through, but don't lift the kick up! Try a side chain compressor on the bass guitar that cuts it a bit with every kick hit and turn it down 2-3db maybe.
But your mix is really, really solid. Go for it!

Cheers

Thank You very much Wurstdrummer(You haven't heard me) for the great advice. I have updated with a new mix following your guide and to me it seems as the kick cuts through far better now. Funny Side chain compressing, when I started mixing for 7 month ago this was one of the first thing I ltried to learn, but I never understood it really so I dropped it. But today it seems very natural so I'm glad you reminded me about it again :-) Great song by the Way!! Thanks again Smile

/C