Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I dig this tune!
Congrats on the release fellas, if you're reading this, and thanks for the opportunity to tinker with mixing the track!

This was a fun one to work, and I hope I did it some justice.

Comments and feedbacks from you audio guys out there is highly welcomed and appreciated!

-J

.mp3    Forkupines -- Sleep by the Fire Bloom in the Water.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

I like this mix. It's really solid and almost everything fits nicely in.
In my opinion it's a bit dry and something's not quite right with the kick and snare, but these are minor issues and definitely a matter of taste. Keep up!
(18-10-2015, 07:06 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: I like this mix. It's really solid and almost everything fits nicely in.
In my opinion it's a bit dry and something's not quite right with the kick and snare, but these are minor issues and definitely a matter of taste. Keep up!

Thanks much for the feedback wurst! It is very much appreciated.

I think you might be right about the dry factor; probably subconsciously handled that way on my part to keep the "low budget" punk/grunge thing I've heard so many times over the years.

-J

PS: Why don't you have a mix posted. There are only like 6 mixes up that I see, but none of them are yours, as I've listened to each one listed and commented.

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

That raw feel of your mix is great! Didn't see it from that point of view.

I have my mix posted, it is the one on the multitrack page. I did the recordings and mix for the Forkupines Smile
But you have a point, maybe I could post it so people discuss about it. It isn't perfect, but the band is happy.
(18-10-2015, 07:25 PM)grizwalter Wrote: PS: Why don't you have a mix posted. There are only like 6 mixes up that I see, but none of them are yours, as I've listened to each one listed and commented.

Here it is Smile
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=12438
(18-10-2015, 07:57 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: That raw feel of your mix is great! Didn't see it from that point of view.

I didn't see it that way either; can't take credit. Like I said, was a subconscious thing I'm guessing. Sometimes you just hear a style so much that you automatically hear a result in terms of that sorta thing, and I guess that's what happened here.

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Hey there! Nice work. The only thing i find not really fitting is the drums...wich seems to be the really tricky part with this song...in un mix specially the kick...I found that the hits are not 100% in synch so that's y u get that like "slapback echo" feeling, also some of the room mics etc...I decided not to use many of the drums tracks. But that's the main thing. All the rest is fine, good work Wink

Cheers

Ak3r
(17-10-2015, 07:32 PM)grizwalter Wrote: Congrats on the release fellas, if you're reading this, and thanks for the opportunity to tinker with mixing the track!

This was a fun one to work, and I hope I did it some justice.

Comments and feedbacks from you audio guys out there is highly welcomed and appreciated!

-J

Hi Joe,

Another nice solid mix. It has a very smooth overall blend nothing too much or too little. I would prefer a little less tac on the kick and a little less top and more impact on the snare. The drums overall could be wider with more panning on the toms. I find that everyone's massive guitar wall sounds the same, like something it's lacking in phase corellation? IDK but I like this track and this mix. Mine will be up soon so you can hit me up with a bat. : - )

Tom it's Chianti not chianit ( like I can type)
Nice job! I like this raw sound of drums. Guitars for my tasate could be a little bit louder (right one is quiter). Snare bit to loud.