Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOVE.....THIS.....SOOOONG!!!!!!
Not everyday I get to mix a glockenspiel. I think I got em' tamed but good night were the overheads a challenge to get crisp and not HARSHHHH. Took me a while to realize that the vocalist is likely German or something. Vwhat I believe. At first I thought I messed up my de-esser LOL. This was a real treat to mix. Any comments humbly welcomed.

.mp3    I am Cassettes Mastering.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

Hello there. Very nice mix. The only things that i'd fix (see what i did there? Tongue hehehe ) would be to add some reverb to the drums as it seems it's a little bit too dry. The backing vocals are a little too loud and to my taste disctracts a bit from the main voice and lastly the acoustic guitar at the end is too loud too, but that seems something like almost everyone does like that...so maybe it's me hehehe. Nice work man.

Ak3r
Ooops also, i forgot. Check out the awuful harmonic ressonace in the glockenspiel around 2 k :S . It sounds better if u treat that, otherwise it keeps hanging there and it's quite annoying Wink

Cheers.

Ak3r
(14-10-2015, 12:37 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Ooops also, i forgot. Check out the awuful harmonic ressonace in the glockenspiel around 2 k :S . It sounds better if u treat that, otherwise it keeps hanging there and it's quite annoying Wink

Cheers.

Ak3r

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with everything you observed.
Hi Hanibal
Nice Mix ,I Agree with Ak3r observations ,the Hi Hat sounds just a touch upfront just a guess 3 to 6k area probably a personal taste thing.
Good Job Big Grin
Cheers.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts