Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Cassettes - Believe Mix by Ak3r
Ok so here it is my mix of this song...Quite nice if i can say so myself Tongue Please share your thoughts bout it.

Thanks

Ak3r

.mp3    BELIEVE MIX 2 MASTER BY AK3R.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

Well...I felt like the kick and the snare didnt work well so i tried to fix it. I think now they have more power and doesnt feel so lost in the middle of everything...

So here's another version

Cheers

Ak3r

.mp3    BELIEVE MIX 3.2\'\'.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

Your "mastering" is distorting your mix making it distracting on the guitars. Not bad overall. Overcompressed in my opinion and a bit muddy.
(14-10-2015, 05:22 AM)hanibal005 Wrote: Your "mastering" is distorting your mix making it distracting on the guitars. Not bad overall. Overcompressed in my opinion and a bit muddy.

Hey, thanks a lot for ur opinion Smile finally someone said something bout my mix hehehe . About that, maybe i made the guitars too bright and that's what u think that sounds like distorted. About overcompressed i just have to say that i always metter everything i do to check it's not overcompressed and this one has a 9.1 Loudness Range, wich if u know a bit bout loudness is quite a lot of dinamic for a "rock" song. But maybe im doing something that makes it feel like that, thought if u focus on the kick and the snare u can clearly hear that both of them have a nice dinamic. About the muddy mix i tried not to overemphasize the high end so precisely the guitars wont sound even more thin or harsh but i'll keep that in mind. Thanks a a lot for your comment Smile

Cheers.

Ak3r
Hey Ak3r
Nice mix I like it,just some personal taste thoughts while listening ,The kick may have a little too much reverb causing it to sound loose.
I like the nice clean acoustic strumming somewhere around 12k sounds a touch bright and could be competing for space with the hi hat ?Big Grin
cheers.
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(17-10-2015, 01:16 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Ak3r
Nice mix I like it,just some personal taste thoughts while listening ,The kick may have a little too much reverb causing it to sound loose.
I like the nice clean acoustic strumming somewhere around 12k sounds a touch bright and could be competing for space with the hi hat ?Big Grin
cheers.
Don

Hey! Thanks a lot for ur comment Smile I see what u mean bout the kick drum. As its just a reverb for the whole drums i guess what fit the snare to my taste might be a little bit too much on the kick. I like my acoustics bright yeah heh...thought they have a lil boost on the lows to so they wont be to "thin" and yeah...that might be some conflict with the hi hat, but as guitars are panned hard left and right and the hh is a little off the center...might work dunno...but definetly yes, they play somehow the same league hehehe.

Cheers.

Ak3r