Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My view on Tip Toe
Hi Mates!

Please give me feedback Smile thanks a lot!

Regards!

PS: This one is just mix, without master

.mp3    Tip Toe.mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

Nice. For some reason I like that compression on the keyboard a lot. Very clear.

Just a hint: Consider uploading your mix with some "loudness mastering," so that the average 50 ms RMS is around at least -14 - -12 dBFS before encoding to MP3. Not that loudness is any "better," but too low level material will suffer from audio encoding much more, as in your case I think the encoding artefacts and the loss of air frequencies is clearly audible in the high frequency area.
Agree with kapu on the loudness issue, with an addition: Most songs we hear are close to similar in volume due to having been professionally mastered and with a generally agreed loudness standard in place for various genres. When one's song is much quieter, or much louder (generally worse!), the listener can't make a fair judgment due to changed perception. While this isn't important when listening to an album, where it should all come in the same for the most part, it is problematic when one is listening to a bunch of individual mixes and trying to provide objective feedback.

With all of that said, this is quite a solid mix as best I can tell. Having to make a big volume change here to listen in a comparative way, I was thrown a bit, but it does sound very solid from what I can tell! Good job.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]