Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkuaz: 'Tip Toe Through The Crypto' kapu new bass line mix
Ended up just jamming with this song and recording a new bass line, so had to leave out the ambience tracks. Tried to fill in with some plugin reverbs.

.mp3    turkuaz_-_tip_toe_through_the_crypto_kapu_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.07 MB)

Very good sounding bass line (crunchy). Is it a synthesized bass? Kick drum (peak on 44Hz and 33Hz) and bass sounds deep (due to high harmonic content in the upper bass midrange) as it should be for this track (it kinda seems like hard hitting kick drum with fundamental frequency on 130Hz would fit as well but due to some fast passages low sounding one with soft clickiness fits better), only thing is somethimes kick drum kinda seems a bit too heavy sounding due to some overlapping frequencies with the bass (lower bass midrange).
I abandoned those nasty sounding ambience tracks as well only left some chamber ones for natural snare reverberation.
(31-10-2015, 07:20 PM)sysrq Wrote: Very good sounding bass line (crunchy). Is it a synthesized bass? Kick drum (peak on 44Hz and 33Hz) and bass sounds deep (due to high harmonic content in the upper bass midrange) as it should be for this track (it kinda seems like hard hitting kick drum with fundamental frequency on 130Hz would fit as well but due to some fast passages low sounding one with soft clickiness fits better), only thing is somethimes kick drum kinda seems a bit too heavy sounding due to some overlapping frequencies with the bass (lower bass midrange).
I abandoned those nasty sounding ambience tracks as well only left some chamber ones for natural snare reverberation.

Thanks for your feedback. The bass track is just me playing Fender Am. Std. Fretless Jazz Bass straight into RME UCX's DI with some slight eq and compression. I finally got myself a nice full bandwith monitoring system, so I'm in the phase where I'm experimenting with ridiculously low frequencies, so I'll propably get over it soon. ^_^
(31-10-2015, 09:47 PM)kapu Wrote:
(31-10-2015, 07:20 PM)sysrq Wrote: Very good sounding bass line (crunchy). Is it a synthesized bass? Kick drum (peak on 44Hz and 33Hz) and bass sounds deep (due to high harmonic content in the upper bass midrange) as it should be for this track (it kinda seems like hard hitting kick drum with fundamental frequency on 130Hz would fit as well but due to some fast passages low sounding one with soft clickiness fits better), only thing is somethimes kick drum kinda seems a bit too heavy sounding due to some overlapping frequencies with the bass (lower bass midrange).

Thanks for your feedback. The bass track is just me playing Fender Am. Std. Fretless Jazz Bass straight into RME UCX's DI with some slight eq and compression. I finally got myself a nice full bandwith monitoring system, so I'm in the phase where I'm experimenting with ridiculously low frequencies, so I'll propably get over it soon. ^_^

Sometimes it's hard to get good impression of low frequencies from a near-field monitors (due to long wavelength), then you have to check everything on as many systems as possible.