Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Matterplay Mix by Ak3r
Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with some commenters here, that you have perhaps removed too much of the middle frequencies. I don't know about your level of experience, but after listening your different version I think your trying to "overmix" this. There is only so much you can get from these tracks with eq and dynamics processing.

Drums were particularly tricky, because the "original" version obviously has separate samples not included with the tracks here, and there are sample tracks (propably Pop/Rock kit from ezDrummer) only for verses and not choruses, when it should be the other way around if samples are needed.

If you plan to get back to this track, I'd suggest you focus much more on setting levels and panning. If I remember correctly I used compression on vocals from the individual tracks, and otherwise only bus compression for drums and so on. Also in general bussing tracks with strong acoustic phase correlation (drums for example) is a good idea and then start processing the bus with slight and vague eq and dynamics processing. This has much less negative effect on the overall phase response of the group.
(11-10-2015, 09:57 AM)kapu Wrote: Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with some commenters here, that you have perhaps removed too much of the middle frequencies. I don't know about your level of experience, but after listening your different version I think your trying to "overmix" this. There is only so much you can get from these tracks with eq and dynamics processing.

Drums were particularly tricky, because the "original" version obviously has separate samples not included with the tracks here, and there are sample tracks (propably Pop/Rock kit from ezDrummer) only for verses and not choruses, when it should be the other way around if samples are needed.

If you plan to get back to this track, I'd suggest you focus much more on setting levels and panning. If I remember correctly I used compression on vocals from the individual tracks, and otherwise only bus compression for drums and so on. Also in general bussing tracks with strong acoustic phase correlation (drums for example) is a good idea and then start processing the bus with slight and vague eq and dynamics processing. This has much less negative effect on the overall phase response of the group.

Wow Smile Thanks a lot for ur comments and the suggestions. I'll definetly investigate bout bus compresion, phase correlation, etc...and yep...I guess i overmix a lot hehehe, but thanks for pointing it out, i'll try to fix that Smile

Cheers.

Ak3r
Sorry for the late reply.
So many multi tracks on here to mix, it's great.
Listened to both mixes. Liked both really. Could do with being much louder as in Master volume. Plenty of headroom left. If your peaking over 0db or close try a limiter and push it a bit more.
Good effort though.
James