Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tip Toe Through The Crypto (Sano mix)
Fun Song to mix

.m4a    Tip Toe Through The Crypto (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

Great mix, i like the punchy drums, though i think the snare could use a little bit of hi end. I think the guitar sounds a little far away and with too much reverb, making it sound outside the mix.

Overall great sound.
Thanks for your comments.

You pointed out the guitar sounds far away, which I agree with.

Being a live recording I wouldn't really go mad with any additional reverb. Just a little to help with separation and retain the natural ambience of the recording. I think I could of achieved a better balance here.

Thanks for listening
I fixed the reverb on the guitar and rebalanced the bass and vocals a little

.m4a    Tip Toe Through The Crypto (Sano mix 2).m4a --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

Hi mate! good mix, The snare sounds good, but could use a little more high end would be nice, and more "room" to overall sound of the drums, the voice needs more reverb too and high end, I feel that you had too much mid frecuencies. In terms of balance, I thinks it's great. Regards!
I agree with Francisco that you need more air/high end on the lead vox, but disagree that you have too many mid-frequencies (at least, regarding high-mids). If anything, your mix could use a little more in that range, or a slight cut in the low end.

I've noticed the comments regarding the snare, and frankly, I think the snare is spot on; it is natural but still snappy.

The first mix was heavy on the guitar reverb for sure, but otherwise pretty solid. It had more energy in those high mids. So, the first mix had a bit better spectral balance and the second has a better coherence by reduction of that reverb wash.

Good work!
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]