Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INSTRUMENTAL SONG
whaa great song here ! i instantly loved it .

i tried my best but never managed to mix the vocals pleasantly .

I had in mind some songs of "the feelies" - album "only life" is really close to this song .

" the pixies - doolittle " can be useful too . And some of the smiths too .

i tried to find ideas here for the vocals but finally , i was never happy with the results . I feel that the singer want to sing quietly in your hears so it didn't fit with the "be-in-the-room-with-the-band" feel of my mix . i'm not sure if i'm clear about that . English is not my first language . Anyway great great great song !!

here is my half finished song .

thx.

.mp3    mastermp3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.05 MB)

Well ,

i found something interesting with the vocals , i could not let this awesome song down .

.mp3    mastermp3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.08 MB)

Hi,
i think your mix is pretty well balanced.
I had my own struggle with the vocals but your solution is different. In my opinion it might work but isn't quite there yet.
In relation to the instruments the reverb seems to loud and maybe to big. especially the "essses" are huge, which is a contra to the overall space of the mix. the essses might be to loud in the vocal in the first place.
maybe try a deesser on the vocal and rolling some highs off the reverbreturn.
Also experiment with the balance of the vocal vs. snaredrum. right now i think the snare is a hair to loud but it could be due to the reverb pushing back the vocal.
Nice !

definitely need to deessing . i noticed that , and i'll first try to get some high frequencies off the reverb . thanks for the tip .